Shingle Roof Repair
Wondering How to Go About Shingle Roof Repair? Here are The Answers
When is a Shingle Roof Repair Needed?
- When a shingle curls, its edge starts to lift. As can be imagined, lifting can result in leaking, so a shingle roof repair would be required. Care should be taken to establish the cause of the curling, as it often happens when the roof ventilation is inadequate. It also occurs in cases when a second layer of shingles has been placed on top of an existing one. Treating curling is often straightforward and the good news is that a shingle roof replacement would not be necessary. Nevertheless, it is a good idea to get a reputable shingle roof repair company to attend to the curling issue. Normally the application of a good sealant will also help get the job done.
- Bruising of a shingle roof tile that has been damaged by large hailstones leaves a splatter on the tile resembling that of a stone hitting a windscreen. Of course, this isn’t good for the tile, as it affects its water dispersal ability. Fortunately, most homeowners have an insurance policy for this, and it is suggested that these shingle roof tiles be replaced when this occurs.
- Cupping of shingle roof tiles happens towards the end of a shingle roof lifespan. As shingle roof tiles get older, they may start to cup. This is best described as a sagging look, where the shingle roof tile hollows out in the middle. If there are only a limited amount of cupped shingle roof tiles, as commonly happens in many homes, then a residential shingle roof repair to replace them is recommended.
Shingle Roof Repairs for Older Houses
In the cases of a shingle roof of thirty years or more and where the shingle roof lifespan is over, flaking can be expected. Clearly there is nothing that can be done to replace flaking shingle roof tiles, and any competent shingle roofing company will advise that a shingle roof replacement is necessary.
What are the Benefits of a Shingle Roof Repair?
Attending to shingle roof tiles that are damaged timeously can result in several benefits:
- Continuous shingle roofing maintenance will extend the life of a shingle roof for years to come.
- Repairing a shingle roof when there are early signs of damage will lengthen the lifespan of your roof and potentially save costs.
- A residential or commercial shingle roof repair adds value to your property and keeps it in good condition.
How to Go About Shingle Roof Repair
An experienced roofing company such as Golden Coast Roofing can and will undertake the job of shingle roof tile repair with great care, professionalism and efficiency.
A successful shingle roof repair process depends on the expertise of your roofer and the treatment measures taken for the different types of damage found during the roof inspection.
Our professionals know how to move around on a shingle roof without damaging it.
Walking on a shingle roof without prior roofing experience presents a threat and may cause more roof damage. Our roofing professionals are experienced and provide a professional service with a smile.
- Once assessed, expect a detailed quote for materials and labor, as well as the time involved to conduct the shingle roof repair.
- Individual shingle roof tiles will be lifted and replaced.
- The application of a sealant and the securing of the shingle roof tile using the appropriate nail or staple will be done with precision.
- Movement on the roof will be done with care and expertise to prevent any further damage.
Q & A Shingle Roof Repairs
What can I expect from a reliable roofing company?
Any professional shingle roof repair company should have a valid license and good references, provide an accurate written quote, have liability insurance and be able to give you a warranty on the job.
Why is it important to hire a professional roofer to repair a shingle roof?
A lot can go wrong if your shingle roof repair is not carried out professionally, from underlayment damage that eventually result in roof leaks, early decay and more.
What are the common causes of damage to shingle roof tiles?
How can I inspect my roof if walking on the roof is not advised?
It is best to use a ladder and prop it up against the roof. Don’t put any pressure on the shingle roof tiles that are brittle, cupped or curled, as you may damage them even more.