Shingle Roof Repair
Wondering How to Go About Shingle Roof Repair? Here are The Answers
When is a Shingle Roof Repair Needed?
- When a shingle curls, its edge starts to lift. As can be imagined, lifting can result in leaking, so a shingle roof repair would be required. Care should be taken to establish the cause of the curling, as it often happens when the roof ventilation is inadequate. It also occurs in cases when a second layer of shingles has been placed on top of an existing one. Treating curling is often straightforward and the good news is that a shingle roof replacement would not be necessary. Nevertheless, it is a good idea to get a reputable shingle roof repair company to attend to the curling issue. Normally the application of a good sealant will also help get the job done.
- Bruising of a shingle roof tile that has been damaged by large hailstones leaves a splatter on the tile resembling that of a stone hitting a windscreen. Of course, this isn’t good for the tile, as it affects its water dispersal ability. Fortunately, most homeowners have an insurance policy for this, and it is suggested that these shingle roof tiles be replaced when this occurs.
- Cupping of shingle roof tiles happens towards the end of a shingle roof lifespan. As shingle roof tiles get older, they may start to cup. This is best described as a sagging look, where the shingle roof tile hollows out in the middle. If there are only a limited amount of cupped shingle roof tiles, as commonly happens in many homes, then a residential shingle roof repair to replace them is recommended.
Shingle Roof Repairs for Older Houses
In the cases of a shingle roof of thirty years or more and where the shingle roof lifespan is over, flaking can be expected. Clearly there is nothing that can be done to replace flaking shingle roof tiles, and any competent shingle roofing company will advise that a shingle roof replacement is necessary.
What are the Benefits of a Shingle Roof Repair?
Attending to shingle roof tiles that are damaged timeously can result in several benefits:
- Continuous shingle roofing maintenance will extend the life of a shingle roof for years to come.
- Repairing shingle roofing when there are signs of damage saves the huge cost of shingle roof replacement.
- A residential shingle roof repair adds value to and keeps the look of a house.
How to Go About Shingle Roof Repair
Rest assured, an experienced LA roofing company will undertake the job of shingle roof tile repair with great care and efficiency.
Firstly, successful shingle roof repair process depends on the expert knowledge of the treatment measures needed for the different types of damage found during the shingle roof inspection.
Secondly, these professionals know how to move about on a shingle roof without damaging it.
Unfortunately, just walking on the roof presents a threat if anyone inexperienced were to attempt it as more damage may be caused. Professionals from a shingle roofing company will know when and how to do the assessment and the repair safely.
- Once assessed, expect a detailed quote for materials and labor, as well as the time involved to conduct the shingle roof repair.
- Individual shingle roof tiles will be lifted and replaced.
- The application of a sealant and the securing of the shingle roof tile using the appropriate nail or staple will be done with precision.
- Movement on the roof will be done with care to avoid any further damage.