The Complete Guide to Residential Roof Replacement in Sherman Oaks
If you need the services of a residential roof replacement contractor in Sherman Oaks, look no further than Golden Coast Roofing. Our team will provide you with a cost-effective solution that fits all your roofing requirements.
Residential Roof Replacement Contractors in Sherman Oaks
When your roof reaches the end of its functional lifespan, it can no longer provide your home with optimal protection against the elements. An old and deteriorating roof can also give your entire property a run-down appearance and reduce its resale value.
At Golden Coast Roofing, we can provide you with a complete roof replacement solution, and our team will help you select the best roofing materials for your needs.
Signs Your Roof Needs a Replacement
How do you know if you need to replace your roof?
- The roof is at the end of its functional lifespan: Most roofs have a life expectancy of around 20 to 30 years. Some roofs, such as natural slate, can last longer with proper maintenance. As your roof gets old, it will require more frequent repairs, ramping up your home maintenance costs.
- The shingle edges are curling: Cupping or curling shingles are a tell-tale sign that you need a new roof. As the shingle edges turn upward, openings form in your roof where rainwater can enter and damage your interior.
- The roof has extensive damage: High winds, falling trees, and fires can damage a roof beyond repair. If most of your roofing materials and part of the underlying structure are damaged, a complete roof replacement might be the cost-effective alternative to a repair.
- Other houses in the area are getting new roofs: The houses in a neighborhood are typically the same age, and they often still have their original roofs. If you notice your neighbors replacing their roofs, consider replacing yours as well, especially if your roof requires frequent repairs.
- The roof has a worn and old appearance: Your roof might still be functional, but if it has a worn appearance, it can affect your property’s aesthetic appeal. If you plan to sell your home, replacing an old roof could result in higher returns.
Should I Repair or Replace My Roof?
Replacing a roof can be expensive, which is why many homeowners opt for repairs instead. However, as your roof gets older, you will need to spend more on repairs, and your indoor heating and cooling costs can also increase, making a replacement the more affordable option over the long run. On the other hand, a repair should be sufficient if your roof is less than 20 years old with one or two minor issues. To find out which solution is best for your roof, contact Golden Coast Roofing. As a residential roofing company, we can inspect your roof to assess its condition then recommend the best solution for your budget.
Golden Coast Roofing: First-Rate Residential Roof Replacement Company in Sherman Oaks
Don’t wait for your repair and energy costs to ramp up if your roof needs a replacement. Give our team at Golden Coast Roofing a call today. As a reputable residential roof replacement contractor in Sherman Oaks, we will provide for your roofing needs.